|hope college > student development|
Coed Wallyball Rules
Maximum players: 4
1. The ball may not be hit more than three times per side. Any time you play the ball over the net, you may not hit the back wall on the opponents' side.
2. The server must stand close to the back wall.
3. To play the ball over the net, you may use your back wall or either of your side walls, or your opponents' side walls.
4. Any hit over the net can not hit two consecutive side walls.
5. If the ball hits the ceiling on your own side of the net, play it. If it hits the ceiling on the way over the net, it is out-of-bounds.
6. The ball may be played off of any part of your body but must be a clean hit.
7. A player must be serving to score.
8. A player must score 15 points and be ahead by 2 points to win a game. The best two out of three games wins the match.
9. Teams may have no more than four players on the floor. A team may play short with no fewer than two. There must be a balance of males and females (i.e., two & two, or two and one, or one and one, NOT one and three).
10. Teams may have one 60-second time out per game and may substitute at that time.
11. There is a maximum of three minutes between games and teams may substitute at that time.
12. At the start, the IM supervisor will help determine the choice of sides or first serve.
13. Protests: All protests must be made in writing and presented to the Dow Office according to IM Protest Rules #38-41 in the IM Handbook.
14. Participation Rules: All teams are expected to follow IM Rules #25-30 which means that the team must be dressed and ready to play (lineup properly recorded) at game time. Running shoes and black-soled shoes will NOT be allowed on the gym floor. You must wear basketball or tennis shoes or you will not be allowed to participate. Socks or bare feet will also not be allowed.
15. Sportsmanship Rules: IM Rule #36 will be strictly enforced. Rosters will be checked regularly. Unsportsmanlike action will NOT be tolerated.
16. Additional players may be added UP TO game time on the day of your scheduled event. Roster additions forms are in the Dow Center main office, the IM Office, and on the IM website to firstname.lastname@example.org (www.hope.edu/student/development/intra).
17. To reschedule, you must contact Dr. Irwin or Kristen Morrison (x7956) AT LEAST 48 hours prior to the scheduled event, or forfeit.
18. One NO SHOW will put your team on probation. Once on probation, either one additional no show or one forfeit will remove your team from competition.