|hope college > student development|
Coed Frisbee Golf Scramble Rules
1. A team will consist of a minimum of two playersor a maximum of four players.
2. Play is based on a scramble format. During play, each player throws
his or her disc toward the "hole." The team must then select
the best shot. From this spot, all team members then throw their discs
again. Again, the best shot is chosen to throw from for the third time.
This continues until the team has "holed" out. In other words,
even though two to four members throw a
2. Holes 6 and 10 will be the women's drive holes.
3. GOLF DISCS ARE PROHIBITED FROM USE IN IM FRISBEE GOLF. Only regular-sized Nova-like discs (175-180 g) may be used.
4. Due to safety concerns, all players will use the new startingpoint for holes.
5. A maximum of four running steps may be taken to throw the disc ONLY on the drive.
6. After the drive, all other shots are taken with one foot on the disc landing area and the other may step once toward the target.
7. If a frisbee lands in a tree or on the Kletz glass (or any other location where a shot cannot be thrown from), the player must take one drop shot (counts one stroke). A drop shot is where the disc lands after it has been knocked out of the tree.
8. If a frisbee cannot be retrieved from the Kletz glass, that player's team must play with one less person (not necessarily the person who lost their frisbee).
9. Flip a coin to determine who tees off first on the first hole. After that, the team with the lowest score on the previous hole has the honors to tee off first.
10. Don't move toward a thrown disc until all players have finished their shots.
11. The team with the shot closest to the hole must wait to throw again until the other team, which is farthest back, throws their next shot. In other words, don't stand in the line of the hole.
12. A SPOTTER MUST BE SENT AHEAD TO LOOK FOR PEDESTRIANS BEFORE TEEING OFF. Be careful of and courteous to pedestrians around the course. Give pedestrians plenty of time to clear the "fairway" before making your shot.
13. DO NOT climb any buildings to retrieve a disc. Do not put yourself in jeopardy to retrieve a wayward disc. Any damage done to school property because of reckless play will be split between the two captains and billed to their school account.
14. Team captains or other representatives must sign the completed scorecard after the match.
15. Tiebreaker: If at the end of 11 holes the score is tied, start at the first hole until the tie is broken.
Sportsmanship Rules: IM Rule #36 will be strictly enforced. Rosters will be checked regularly. Unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated.