|hope college > student development|
Indoor Soccer Rules
Maximum players = 5
1. The basic rules of soccer set forth in the NCAA Rule book will be used (no hand balls, pushing, etc.).
a. Exception - There will be no offside rule.
b. Exception - There will be no out-of-bounds, i.e. everything is in play except when the ball goes into a neighboring basketball court. The team that did not touch the ball last puts it into play with a free kick on the side line where it went out of bounds.
2. Rules specific to our gym:
a. There is no goalkeeper and all players must be included during the attack. During defense, each player must be concerned with regaining possession rather than preventing goals.
b. No black-soled shoes allowed in gym.
c. The ball must enter the Pugg goal to score. Shots that bounce off the wall before being shot are permitted. Balls that lodge in the back side of the Pugg goal will be put into play with a defense kick.
d. If a hand ball occurs immediately in front of the goal -- whether intentionally or unintentionally -- a free kick will occur from the three-point line as drawn on the basketball floor. There are to be no wall of defenders trying to deflect this shot. It is truly a free kick. However, if a hand ball occurs up to three feet away from the goal, revert back to normal soccer rules.
3. Time and player specification:
a. 25 minute first half - running
b. A maximum of five players will play for a team at one time. You must have a minimum of three players on a team. A forfeit will be called if there are six players on the floor.
c. No time outs may be called.
d. Forfeit time is ten minutes past scheduled game time.
e. Substitutes may be made at any time provided they do not take advantage of the situation.
4. Intentional or blatant fouls will result in immediate dismissal from the game (red card).
5. PROTESTS: All protests must be made in writing and presented to Kristen Morrison according to IM Protest Rules #38-41 in the IM Handbook.
6. PARTICIPATION RULES: All teams are expected to follow IM Rules #25-30 which means that the team must be dressed and ready to play (lineup properly recorded) at game time. No contest may begin 10 minutes after its start time.
7. SPORTSMANSHIP RULES: IM Rule #36 will be strictly enforced. Rosters will be checked regularly. Unsportsmanlike action will NOT be tolerated.