|hope college > student development|
1. The rules set forth by AARA racquetball will be followed.
2. Each team will be composed of two players.
3. Each contests consists of doubles play. The team that wins two out of three games is declared the winner. Points are earned only on serve. A game is played to 15 points with a two-point winnig margin.
4. START: To determine server of the first game, a player will stand an arm's length from the back wall and will hit the ball to the front wall. The player who gets the first bounce closest to the back service line is the first server.
5. SERVICE: The ball must be bounced and must be hit after the first bounce. Neither foot may be beyond either of the two lines until the ball is contacted on serve. In doubles, Team A (the team that won first serve) has one person serve until done. Then Team B has both players service until done. Then Team A has both players serve until done, etc.
6. REST PERIODS: No more than five minutes between the doubles match and the singles matches.
7. Game scores will be reported to the IM sports supervisor. Players will call their own game.
8. PROTESTS: All protests must be made in writing and presented to the Dow office according to IM Protest Rules #38-41 in the IM Handbook, pages 12-13.
9. PARTICIPATION RULES: All teams are expected to follow IM Rules #25-30 which means that the team must be dressed and ready to play (lineup properly recorded) at game time.
10. SPORTSMANSHIP RULES: IM Rule #36 & #37. IM Rule #37 will be strictly enforced. Rosters will be checked regularly. Unsportsmanlike action will NOT be tolerated!