1. The playing rules of USTA tennis will be followed.
2. Each doubles team will be composed of two players.
3. A match is complete when one team wins eight games. The games consist
of four points with ADD scoring. A twelve point tie breaker will be
the games become seven all.
4. The team winning the one doubles match is declared the victor.
right to serve or defend at the start of a match will be by coin toss
or racket spin with serves alternating by game between opponents. Court
exchanges will occur at the end of the fourth and eighth game, etc.
6. Game scores will be reported to the IM sports supervisor. Players
will call their own game.
7. PROTESTS: All protests must be made in writing
and presented to the Dow
office according to IM Protest Rules #38-41 in the IM Handbook, pages
8. PARTICIPATION RULES: All teams are expected to follow IM Rules #25-30
which means that the team must be dressed and ready to play (lineup properly
recorded) at game time. No match may start after 10 minutes has elapsed past
9. SPORTSMANSHIP RULES: IM Rule #36 & #37. IM Rule #37 will be strictly
- Rosters will be checked regularly. Unsportsmanlike action will NOT
- You must wear tennis shoes. No running shoes or black-soled shoes
- One NO SHOW will put your team on probation. Once on probation,
either one additional no show or one forfeit will remove your
team from competition.
- There will no NO rescheduling of contests due to a lack of space.
may always add more players to your roster to meet the needs of the
existing schedule. We ask for your understanding and cooperation.
- Additional players may be added UP TO 5:00 p.m. on the day of your
- Email email@example.com or
fill out a form in the Dow or contact Kristen Morrison at (x7956).