|hope college > student activities > intramural sports|
Singles Tennis Rules
TENNIS PLAYERS: 1
1. The playing rules of USTA tennis will be followed.
2. Games will be best 2 out of 3 sets. Due to time constraints, if the players split the first two sets, a 10-pt. tiebreaker (must win by 2) will be used to determine the winner (an entire 3rd set will not be played).
3. The games consist of ADD scoring. If the set reaches a 6-6 tie, a 7-pt. tiebreaker will be used. (must win by 2)
4. The right to serve or defend at the start of a match will be by coin toss or racket spin with serves alternating by game between opponents. Court exchanges will occur at the end of every odd game.
5. Game scores will be reported to the IM worker. Players will call their own match.
6. Substitutions may occur during the match. They must come during game breaks.
7. PARTICIPATION RULES: All players are expected to be ready to play at game time.
8. SPORTSMANSHIP RULES: IM sportsmanship rules will be strictly enforced. Rosters will be checked regularly. Unsportsmanlike action will NOT be tolerated!
9. You must wear tennis shoes. No running shoes or black-soled shoes allowed.
10. One NO SHOW will put your team on probation. Once on probation, one additional no show will remove your team from competition.
11. CANCELLATION RULES: If you know you need to forfeit, you must call the opposing team's captain and the IM supervisor for the evening (located on the IM Staff Link). It will be scored as a loss for the forfeiting team, but not a no-show.
12. Additional players may be added UP TO game time on the day of your scheduled event. Roster addition forms are on the IM website. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.