Nykerk Hall of Music
Nykerk Hall of Music, built in 1956, has teaching studios,
practice rooms, classrooms, a library with music scores and recordings, auditoriums
and an electronic keyboard laboratory. Organ studio space added in 2000
features a custom-built instrument from England. It is named for John
B. Nykerk, a former professor who developed Hope's early music program.
In 1970 the facility was more than doubled in size with the addition of Wichers auditorium, named in honor of Hope's sixth president, Wynand Wichers.