K. Greg Murray
Professor of Biology
Grants + Awards
- 1980 Sigma Xi Grant-in-Aid. Seed dispersal by frugivorous birds and its effect on secondary succession in Costa Rican cloud forests.
- 1981 Jessie Smith Noyes Foundation (Organization for Tropical Studies). Avian seed dispersal at Monteverde, Costa Rica.
- 1988 American Philosophical Society Grant-in-aid. "Competition for seed dispersal in Costa Rican cloud forest plants."
- 1990 National Science Foundation Grant USE-9051884: "A Microcomputer Classroom for the Biological and Chemical Sciences." $45,400 (plus matching funds from Hope College).
- 1990 National Science Foundation Grant BSR-9006734: "Dynamics of tropical forest seed banks: seed predators as determinants of forest regeneration patterns and plant-frugivore coevolution." $10,000.
- 1991 National Science Foundation Grant BSR 91-46650: REU supplement to BSR 9006734 ("Dynamics of tropical forest seed banks: seed predators as determinants of forest regeneration patterns and plant-frugivore coevolution.") $4,605.
- 1993 National Science Foundation grant DEB-9208229: "Dynamics of tropical forest seed banks: seed predators as determinants of community structure and plant-frugivore coevolution." $255,000 over 4 years.
- 1997 PEW Midstates Science and Math Consortium grant, to conduct a faculty workshop: â€œPortable field problems for undergraduate ecology labs.â€ With Dr. K. Winnett-Murray, co-PI. $5000.
- 1998 National Science Foundation Grant DUE-9851665 (co-PI with Dr. Kathy Winnett-Murray): â€œInstrumentation to integrate pattern and process in organismal biology and ecology.â€ $45,926 (plus matching funds from Hope College).
- 1998 Hope College Faculty Development Grant. â€œA longitudinal study of tropical cattle pasture regeneration.â€
- 2000 National Science Foundation Grant DUE-0089021 (co-PI with Dr. Janet Andersen, Dept. of Mathematics, Hope College): "Integrating Mathematics and Biology: A Case Studies Approach to Linear Algebra." $71, 175.
- 2003 National Science Foundation Grant DBI-0319938 (co-PI with Dr. Tom Bultman and Dr. Debbie Swarthout)"MRI/RUI: Aquisition of Controlled Environment Chambers for Enhanced Research in the Plant Biology Program at Hope College" for the Major Research Instrumentation program at NSF. $154,058 over two years.
- 2005 National Science Foundation Grant DBI-0434860 (co-PI with T.L. Bultman, E.C. Hansen, D. Swarthout, and K. Winnett-Murray): â€œA strategic development plan for the Hope College field station. $18,250 over two years.
Office: Science Center 2025
Tuesday, Thurday 8:00-10:00 a.m. and Wednesday 3:00-4:00 p.m.