Flourishing programs in 80+ disciplines. A vibrant Christian mission. $50 million in new campus construction. A 2014 Division III national championship. 95% placement within 6 months of graduation. There’s never been a better time to consider Hope College.
Let’s start by answering the question that brought you here – why Hope? As you may imagine, we’ve got many answers, but, for starters:
- A friendly and welcoming community of 3,407 students and 358 professors
- Recognized leadership in undergraduate research, scholarship and preparation for graduate school and the workplace
- Masterful teachers and talented researchers engage students in small classes and one-on-one collaboration (13:1 student:faculty ratio)
- 1,800+ internships and 200+ study abroad opportunities in over 60 countries provide a global perspective
- 95% of graduates join the workforce or enroll in graduate school within 6 months of graduation
- A vibrant Christian character with many opportunities to grow spiritually, yet very few requirements
- 70+ engaging student groups are marked by tradition, service and enthusiasm
- NCAA Division III athletics overflow with true student-athletes and exceptional support from the campus and Holland communities
- Holland, Michigan is a beautiful college town – our award-winning downtown is just blocks from campus, and stunning Lake Michigan beaches are just an 8-minute drive from Hope
Costs & Financial Aid
Our 2016–17 costs for tuition, room and board total $41,250. We offer academic scholarships ranging from $3,000–$18,000 per year , as well as Distinguished Artist Awards for music, art, dance, theatre and creative writing. 95% of Hope students receive merit and/or need-based financial aid.
Apply for Admission
You’ll apply to Hope College using the Common Application. If your application is complete by November 1 in your senior year, you’ll hear back from us the week of Thanksgiving. After November 1 we move to rolling admission.
Schedule a Campus Visit
We host many prospective students and their families on scheduled Visit Days and can arrange personalized individual visits and overnight stays on campus as well. We also host a number of special visit experiences throughout the year. Learn more.
Recent Posts from Hope's Student Blogs
As you may know if you’ve read my blog before, I have the privilege of being on the worship te...Read More
My final project in my Writing for Media class was to create a website with a group focused on one t...Read More
I’ve been back in Michigan for a little over a week now, and I’m still processing the fa...Read More
Oh, if these walls could talk… right? Phelps 204 welcomed my roommate and me in with open arms ba...Read More
Hello, everyone! One thing I have learned to do well this year is staying organized with my assignme...Read More
This past Saturday night, I went down to Calvin College with one of our chaplains, Lauren Taylor, so...Read More
Ready To Learn More About Hope?
We’d be glad to send you more information by mail and email.
Bekkering Admissions Office69 East 10th StreetHolland , MI 49423
Find Your Admissions Representative Info
Hope by the Numbers
- 4,758Total Applications Received
Hope received a record 4,758 applications for Fall 2015, 8% more than the previous year.Apply Now
- 27Average Admitted Student ACT Score
For fall 2015, the average admitted student’s ACT score was 27, and the middle 50% ranged from 24-29.
- 90%First Year Retention Rate
Hope students are happy with their college decision! 90% remain here after their freshman year.
- 69%Four Year Graduation Rate
We’d like you to spend just the right amount of time here – no less, no more. 69% of students graduate from Hope in 4 years; well above the national average and second overall in Michigan.