Flourishing programs in 80+ disciplines. A vibrant Christian mission. $50 million in new campus construction. A 2014 Division III national championship. 95% placement within 6 months of graduation. There’s never been a better time to consider Hope College.
Let’s start by answering the question that brought you here – why Hope? As you may imagine, we’ve got many answers, but, for starters:
- A friendly and welcoming community of 3,224 students and 358 professors
- Recognized leadership in undergraduate research, scholarship and preparation for graduate school and the workplace
- Masterful teachers and talented researchers engage students in small classes and one-on-one collaboration (13:1 student:faculty ratio)
- 1,800+ internships and 300+ study abroad opportunities in over 60 countries provide a global perspective
- 95% of graduates join the workforce or enroll in graduate school within 6 months of graduation
- A vibrant Christian character with many opportunities to grow spiritually, yet very few requirements
- 70+ engaging student groups are marked by tradition, service and enthusiasm
- NCAA Division III athletics overflow with true student-athletes and exceptional support from the campus and Holland communities
- Holland is a beautiful college town – our award-winning downtown is just blocks from campus, and stunning Lake Michigan beaches are just an 8-minute drive from Hope
Costs & Financial Aid
Our 2016–17 costs for tuition, room and board total $41,250. We offer academic scholarships ranging from $3,000–$18,000 per year , as well as Distinguished Artist Awards for music, art, dance, theatre and creative writing. 95% of Hope students receive merit and/or need-based financial aid.
Apply for Admission
You’ll apply to Hope College using the Common Application. If your application is complete by November 1 in your senior year, you’ll hear back from us the week of Thanksgiving. After November 1 we move to rolling admission.
Schedule a Campus Visit
We host many prospective students and their families on scheduled Visit Days and can arrange personalized individual visits and overnight stays on campus as well. We also host a number of special visit experiences throughout the year. Learn more.
Recent Posts from Hope's Student Blogs
Hope’s campus is back to life with students, classes, and activities as usual, but I am still...Read More
Happy Monday, friends! It’s a good day to stay inside and read a book, watch some Netflix or p...Read More
It’s been a while since I have written a blog, but when I do decide to write, there have been ...Read More
Happy first day of class, readers! It’s time to get back into the swing of things after a hope...Read More
The transition is from Chile to Hope is actually quite extensive. I will spend two days in Hope Coll...Read More
On November 25, my study abroad was ending and I am heading home. A lot of happened during 180 days ...Read More
Hope by the Numbers
- 4,154Total Applications Received
Hope received 4,154 applications for Fall 2016.Apply Now
- 27Average Admitted Student ACT Score
For fall 2016, the average admitted student’s ACT score was 27, and the middle 50% ranged from 24-29.
- 90%First Year Retention Rate
Hope students are happy with their college decision! 90% remain here after their freshman year.
- 69%Four Year Graduation Rate
We’d like you to spend just the right amount of time here – no less, no more. 69% of students graduate from Hope in 4 years; well above the national average and second overall in Michigan.