Costs & Financial Aid
Every resource at Hope College is directed toward providing an experience that inspires you to be fully alive in mind, body and spirit.
This focus has earned the College recognition as a Best Value by Kiplinger's Personal Finance and Forbes’ Top Colleges, and inclusion in such books as Colleges That Change Lives and Putting Students First.
2016-2017 Direct Costs
|Board (21 meals per week)||
|2016–17 College Costs||
Costs such as books, travel and personal expenses range from $2,380 to $2,800, depending on distance and personal lifestyle.
Our students tell us that the financial aid they received made their dream of attending Hope possible. In it’s simplest form, eligibility for need-based financial aid can be boiled down to:
U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) determines your eligibility for federal and state grants and federal loans.
- Hope’s Supplemental Application for Financial Aid (SAF) determines your eligibility for gift aid from Hope.
- January 1 — FAFSA and SAF are available
- March 1 — FAFSA and SAF deadline for priority consideration
- March 20 — Hope begins mailing financial aid packages (approximate date)
- May 1 — $300 enrollment deposit is due for incoming freshmen
Financial aid and scholarships are based on how much you and your family can pay as well as your academic record. You will indicate how much you can pay by completing the Annual Financial Support Form. No additional forms are required. You will be considered for financial aid and scholarships when your completed application is reviewed by the Admissions Committee. If accepted, you will receive your financial aid information along with your letter of acceptance.
Please submit a completed application and all supportive materials by February 15. If your application is received or completed after February 15 you will be considered for scholarship and aid if funding is still available.
Amount of Aid
This is important to know before you spend time completing the Hope College application for admission. International student financial aid and scholarships at Hope range from $3,000 to $15,000 per year. This means you will need to be able to pay at least $30,000 per year.