A week-long gathering to explore faith, worship, your gifts and your relationship with God.
Awakening is June 11–16, 2017
Registration will open January 9, 2017
Imagine. Church. Renewed.
If you’re a high school student going into grades 10–12 seeking to grow your skills and passions about worship and the arts, this is the week for you.
Are you a musician, an actor, an artist, a dancer, a sound technician or a philosopher? Take this opportunity to develop your gifts — and perhaps discover gifts you never realized.
Join us on the beautiful campus of Hope College in Holland, Michigan, to work with nationally known pastors, ministry leaders, professors, church musicians, artists, dancers and technical arts specialists.
This will be a time to grow and learn more about yourself and your God. To see God for who he is. To build relationships. To change the lives of others and, in turn, your own.
Develop your gifts in the Worship Arts
- Acoustic guitar
- Lead guitar
- Bass guitar
- Drum set
- Liturgical dance
- Technology (sound)
- Worship planning
Individual students are encouraged to attend — but you may get the most of Awakening if you come with friends and fellow students.
Together or individually, you can return to your church, youth ministry and school prepared to make a difference through what you’ve learned and developed. You. Church. Renewed.
- Experience a wide range of worship styles and practices each morning and evening, led by Hope students and faculty with help from special guests.
- Think deeper about worship, theology, and the arts. Gain practical skills in worship leadership through workshops and break-out sessions that tap into your interests and talents.
- The whole week culminates in Thursday’s worship experience. Plan and lead a worship service with your team, and worship with friends who have done the same.
- Each evening will feature showcase events at different locations, area ministries and the closing Festival of Worship on Thursday.
- Trace God’s story in your life. You will have time to reflect on readings and spiritual practices in your personal devotional time each morning and evening and in small groups throughout the week.
- Worship on the beach of Lake Michigan. Walk a forested trailway. Spend time downtown. Engage with the Hope College campus. Develop new relationships with those you meet and build into peers you may be attending with.
Interested in worship?
Whether you want to explore your vocation in worship or the arts, or simply want to become a better worshipper, Awakening is for you.
Miller Center for Musical Arts221 Columbia AvenueHolland, MI 49423
Prof. James De Boer
Director of Awakening
The place God calls you to is the place where your deep gladness and the world’s deep hunger meet.Frederick Buechner