Picture yourself here.
Overnight visits with a current student are the best way to see what campus life at Hope is all about. The ideal time for an overnight visit is on a Sunday, Thursday or Friday evening during the academic year. We also suggest combining your overnight stay with an individual visit or Visit Day.
Here's some of what you can expect from an overnight visit at Hope:
- Explore award-winning downtown Holland, only a couple blocks from campus
- Cheer on Hope athletes at our state-of-the-art athletic facilities
- Join current students for a round of frisbee golf
- Hang out in the residence halls with Hope students: Can you picture yourself here?
- Experience the Gathering (Sunday evening Chapel service)
- Listen to a student performance at the Kletz while enjoying a cup of coffee at Cool Beans
- Watch the sunset over Lake Michigan
Providing the greatest insights into campus life at Hope is our goal.
Please request your overnight two weeks in advance to help us in our planning.
- Timing for Overnight Visits
- Fall semester overnight visits will be available starting September 22, 2016.
- Overnights are not available October 7-12 (Fall Break) and November 23-28 (Thanksgiving holiday).
- The final night for fall semester overnight visits is December 8.
- High school juniors can only be accommodated prior to Hope's Spring Break (starts March 18, 2017).
- Connecting with your Overnight Hosts
- One of your matched overnight hosts will contact you by email within a week of your scheduled overnight to introduce themselves and confirm details of your visit
- Take this opportunity to share what you may be interested in doing while you are visiting
- Arriving on Campus
- If your visit is scheduled for a weeknight, you will meet your host at the Admissions Office between 4:30 and 5 p.m.
- For visits taking place on a Sunday night, or for arrivals after 5 p.m., you will meet your hosts at their residence hall
- Your overnight visit will conclude after breakfast the next morning
- What to Bring
- Sleeping bag, pillow, bath towel
- Personal items (shampoo, soap, toothbrush, etc.)
- Extra money (snacks, bookstore, movies, etc.)
- Homework or a book
- Attire for athletic centers (if interested)
Overnight Visit Contact Information
Weekdays before 5 p.m.
69 East 10th Street, Holland, MI 49423
Phone: 616.395.7850 or 800.968.7850
Weekdays after 5 p.m. and on weekends
Office of Campus Safety
178 East 11th Street, Holland, MI 49423
Right off the bat my hosts were friendly and made me feel at home. The campus has a sense of belonging that all the students share.Austin from Sterling Heights, MI