Hope College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission, a commission of the North Central Association.
Hope has professional accreditations from:
- Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology
- American Chemical Society
- American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Council on Social Work Education
- National Association of Schools of Art and Design
- National Association of Schools of Dance
- National Association of Schools of Music
- National Association of Schools of Theatre.
Hope College’s teacher education programs are approved by the Michigan Department of Education. The Teacher Education Accreditation Council (TEAC) recognizes the Education Department at Hope College as a nationally accredited program. TEAC: One DuPont Circle, Suite 320, Washington, D.C. 20036. This accreditation covers all preparation programs. The college maintains membership in the Michigan Association of Colleges of Teacher Education.